Belonging

I am here in Australia. I cannot say that I like this country, however I do not hate it. When a person says that s/he does not like something, what I learn is that s/he does not have a sense of belonging of such thing. Nothing is related to the person in any particular way.

As a stranger in this country, I am an example of a person who lacks of sense of belonging. Oversea study extends my horizon. Many things I see here are different from where I am from. I wish I could bring good things here to exercise in my home country, vise versa. It is not all good or bad after all.

While I'm writing this blog, there is one thing comes across my mind for quite a while.

"Racists are everywhere. Accept it, mate.", PRL 2007.

Recently, Australia has offered a new citizenship test system. I see many people are full of hope and go for the test. While some Australians are criticising the system.

Let me say it frankly, I don't need to be so neutral here.

According to PRL (2007) (hahaha!), a person like me were though as a black-hair alien who comes into this continent to consume, waste, and copy all good things from this land. Yes, I thought of this all by myself. Is it reasonable? If it is not, why should I recon it this way?

Pathetic prejudice eyes, there is no need to argue this and that. Ones could bring a page of this country's history up against another page of another country's history. It will never end. I believe Racism appeared in humans' history since they know how to distinguish things.

Well. How long will you live? How love will I live?
Don't you want to visit my home? I'll welcome you.

If you can't give up the thought of separation, then you can keep this continent draught as it is now.

Comments