Australia: Idol = Singer

I rarely watch TV show of this kind of contest. For some reason, I watch. Australian Idol! Wow Hoooooooo.... How trendy. I learned that the earlier season was much better (from YouTube). I am really impressed with Casey Donovan. But this year, I realise that, Australian Idol defines the word 'idol' as 'singer'.

Yeah! They only SING. SING from their hearts, into the song, ... blah blah blah.

As I watch another program, So You Think You Can Dance, it's an American program, I'm kicked. It is not that I like dancing more than singing, but I like the thing they do. It is exciting to watch. While Australian Idol, those idol-wanna-bes chose boring songs and said that they were their styles. This season of Australian Idol is really disappointing when they sang ROCK. Those songs they sang were POP.
Well, what do I expect from 'idol'?

Comments