A note about why people give up boxing

There is one thing I have noticed from these past years, boxing (including kickboxing and Muay Thai) has a high turn over rate. At some point, boxing looks like a fad. Some people train because it makes them look rough and hardcore. However, people fade away quickly.

Brute force alone will not get their technique right and as a result, they may execute strong strikes which will later destroy themselves, like injure their wrists or sprain their backs and ankles. The primary injuries are actually caused by the trainees themselves, let alone injuries from the fight. Another reason is the progress. Martial arts are pretty much about perseverance. Practitioners must repeat the same moves countless of time to polish them. My wife took almost two years to get to the point that she can left kick naturally - she is a righty.

It has been five years since I started, but I'm still into Muay Thai training. It is probably purely  passion. I don't intend to fight either on the street or the ring, but why? .... Hmmm, good question. I can't really answer now. Maybe next blog I could.

Comments